What We Treat
Holistic Zen primarily works with women interested in natural and holistic approaches to balancing hormones for optimal fertility & menstrual regularity as well as oncology & autoimmune patients. Infrared and red light therapies can be combined with any treatments including facial rejuvenation treatments with micro-needling or nano-needling or the ACUGLOW facial. All women should have access to affordable resources & knowledge to make educated choices and develop healthy habits for glowing and flowing fertile bodies.
Traditional Eastern Medicine is a preventative medicine simply meaning the focus is on treating the patient prior to the onset of chronic illness, injuries, and poor health. In other words, you don’t have to be sick to seek care. In fact, patients that commit to regular self-care with acupuncture, massage, cupping, exercise, etc. report a dramatic reduction in stress, increased focus and energy, improved sleep, and emotional wellness among many other benefits. At the very least, it is recommended patients receive treatments prior to a seasonal change (a common time for patients to get sick), to help their bodies to transition smoothly.
Therapeutic Yoga, gentle yoga, breath work, and meditation can be especially effective for:
- Acute/Chronic Stress Disorders- insomnia, anxiety, emotional instability, headaches, muscle tension, fatigue, palpitations, panic attacks, etc.
- Respiratory Disorders- asthma, poor immunity, sinus congestion, and paradoxal, shallow, or chest breathing (incorrect breathing patterns)
- Gastrointestinal Disorders- constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, acid reflux, colitis, gas, or bloating
- Circulatory Disorders- high or low blood pressure, arteriosclerosis, chest pain, poor circulation, and high cholesterol
- Gynecological Disorders- low libido/infertility, PMS, endometriosis, fibroids, hormone imbalance
- Musculoskeletal Disorders- scar tissue, acute/chronic tendon, ligament, joint, or bone injuries/pain, nerve irritation/inflammation, arthritis
- Psychoemotional Disorders- PTSD, anxiety, depression, emotional blockages
- Neurological Disorders- brain injury, Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, migraines, dizziness, & tinnitus
Red Light Therapy utilizes LED light bulbs that emit a visible light with a short wavelength. This light therapy is widely used to support the appearance and health of skin by improving skin laxity and promoting collagen production. The AcuLight® PRO device we use in our practice is designed for the face or body and can generate different types of light: blue, yellow, red or all 3!
- Blue light emits the shortest wavelength and is best utilized for acne, healing wounds and reducing bacteria
- Yellow light is often used for rosacea, spider veins, cystic acne, melasma, bruising, and hot/red skin
- Red light is especially great for anti-aging, reducing pain with acute injuries/soreness, decreasing wrinkles, stimulating hair growth, and increasing collagen/elastin production
Infrared Therapy is a mat you lie on that provides deep penetrating heat and is amazing at:
- Alleviating chronic pain, promoting circulation and lymphatic movement, detoxifying the body, improving sleep, supporting immunity, and promoting fat loss through stimulation of metabolism
- The mat we use also contains precious stones aligned with each chakra or energy system in the body to help balance your emotional and physical body
Micro-Needling & Nano-Needling both use a pen like device that oscillates a tip up and down to stimulate a skin reaction.
- Both induce cell turnover, serum infusion and provoke the healing process that results in skin transformation
- These devices significantly increase the absorption of high potency serums selected for your skin concerns which may include acne, pigmentation, scars, wrinkles, sagging skin, rosacea, etc.
- If you are concerned about fine lines & wrinkles, swelling, or sagging skin, then nano-needling is for you
- If your skin care concerns include deep wrinkles, hyperpigmentation or deep acne scars, than micro-needling would be the treatment for that
The ACUGLOW Facial utilizes gua sha & cupping in combination with TOMA skin therapy products.
- Releases toxins from the skin & supports lymphatic function
- Hydrates skin
- Disperses hyperpigmentation
- Reduces the size of enlarged pores
- Increases oxygen-rich blood flow (glow!)
- Strengthens connective tissue
- Stimulates the cells responsible for collagen production
- Release muscle tension
- Relieves sinus congestion
- Increases product absorption
- Reduces puffiness
- Minimizes wrinkles and fine lines
- Balances and regulates oil production