What We Treat
Holistic Zen primarily works with women interested in natural and holistic approaches to balancing hormones for optimal fertility & menstrual regularity as well as oncology & autoimmune patients. All women should have access to affordable resources & knowledge to make educated choices and develop healthy habits for glowing and flowing fertile bodies.
The World Health Organization recognizes acupuncture’s effectiveness for over 40 common disorders. Some of the conditions we treat by acupuncture include:
- Head, Ear, Nose, & Throat Disorders- sinus infections, allergies, poor vision, toothaches, headaches & ear pain
- Respiratory Disorders- asthma, bronchitis, colds, flus, & low immunity
- Gastrointestinal Disorders- food allergies, nausea, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, ulcers, & colitis
- Circulatory Disorders- hypertension, high cholesterol, arteriosclerosis, heart pain
- Gynecological Disorders- menstrual irregularity, endometriosis, PMS, infertility, fibroids, & ovarian cysts
- Musculoskeletal Disorders- muscle or joint pain, TMJ, sciatica, low back pain, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome & fibromyalgia
- Psychoemotional & Neurological Disorders- depression, anxiety, insomnia, migraines, neuropathy, dizziness, & tinnitus
Traditional Chinese Medicine is a preventative medicine simply meaning the focus is on treating the patient prior to the onset of chronic illness, injuries, and poor health. In other words, you don’t have to be sick to seek care. In fact, patients that commit to regular self-care with acupuncture, massage, cupping, exercise, etc. report a dramatic reduction in stress, increased focus and energy, improved sleep, and emotional wellness among many other benefits. At the very least, it is recommended patients receive treatments prior to a seasonal change (a common time for patients to get sick), to help their bodies transition smoothly.
Therapeutic Yoga, gentle yoga, breath work, and meditation can be especially effective for:
- Acute/Chronic Stress Disorders- insomnia, anxiety, emotional instability, headaches, muscle tension, fatigue, palpitations, panic attacks, etc.
- Respiratory Disorders- asthma, poor immunity, sinus congestion, and paradoxal, shallow, or chest breathing (incorrect breathing patterns)
- Gastrointestinal Disorders- constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, acid reflux, colitis, gas, or bloating
- Circulatory Disorders- high or low blood pressure, arteriosclerosis, chest pain, poor circulation, and high cholesterol
- Gynecological Disorders- low libido/infertility, PMS, endometriosis, fibroids, hormone imbalance
- Musculoskeletal Disorders- scar tissue, acute/chronic tendon, ligament, joint, or bone injuries/pain, nerve irritation/inflammation, arthritis
- Psychoemotional Disorders- PTSD, anxiety, depression, emotional blockages
- Neurological Disorders- brain injury, Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, migraines, dizziness, & tinnitus